Is high anxiety or low/empty mood taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, Nobile Psychology can help. Our practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief that you deserve
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That is because therapy as a stand-alone treatment – as opposed to medication as a stand-alone treatment – targets more than just symptoms to the problem. Anxiety can be specific (e.g., “I’m terrified of flying!), or it can manifest as chronic worry and racing thoughts.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
Therapy has been shown to effectively treat difficulties including depression and other mood disorders. Depression can vary in frequency, intensity, and duration. Often a combination of medication and psychological treatment is the most effective path to reducing symptoms.
These are typical symptoms of depression:
- Low or empty mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in all, or almost all, activities most of the day, nearly every day.
- Changes in weight or appetite
- A slowing down of thought and physical movement
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Difficulty concentrating
- Recurrent thoughts of death or wish to die
If you suffer from anxiety or have noticed changes in your mood, we invite you to contact us today for a free consultation.